Solo accordion player Vojtěch Szabó is one of Europe’s top performers. Although he focuses mainly on jazz, French and Argentinian music, his progressive style and playing the electric accordion attract pop and rock audiences as well. In addition to playing live, he teaches young accordionists and organizes educational concerts. This year he released his first solo album Vojtěch Szabó: Play Accordion.
- Born in 1984 in Nové Zámky, Slovakia, he currently lives in Zlín
- He studied accordion with professor Nadia Varínská at Bratislava Conservatory
- He has been teaching since 2009
- He founded Tango Argentino Trio in 2009
- He has been working with Bohuslav Martinů Philharmonic Zlín since 2010 as a guest soloist
- He has worked with the prominent Czech rock band Pražský výběr since 2012
- In 2014, he was a special guest on Gipsy Fire album of the renowned Czech violin virtuoso Pavel Šporcl, including the follow-up tour Gipsy Fire Generali tour 2014
- In 2018, he released his first solo album Vojtěch Szabó: Play Accordion
- Pavel Šporcl, Michael Kocáb and Pražský výběr, Ondřej Gregor Brzobohatý, Felix Slováček ml., Ondřej Soukup, Samuel Farthing, Ron Fitzgerald, Nikolas Takács, Andrej Šebo and others.
- Bohuslava Martinů Philharmonic, Městské divadlo Zlín, Slovácké divadlo Uherské Hradiště